Saturday, December 27, 2014

Sex Tape (2014) DVD

 
As you might imagine, a movie entitled "Sex Tape" could be highly sexually explicit and this one certainly is. However, whereas many totally outrageous sex comedies are just gross and unfunny, I found that this movie found the right mixture and ended up being quite funny on the whole. I was surprised to see all the negative reviews on the site, so I guess it's just the way the film hit me.

Cameron Diaz and Jason Segel have the right chemistry, I thought, as Annie and Jay, who are looking to spice up their sex life, after years of marriage and two children. They decide to make a 3 hour sex tape based on the book "The Joy of Sex". However, when Jay starts to give away some old iPads with his playlists on them to friends, acquaintances, and even the mailman, but hasn't erased the tape, it's in danger of getting on the net and going viral.

Rob Lowe is extremely funny here as Hank, a CEO of a company looking to buy Annie's blog on parenting. The scenes in his house involving himself, Annie, Jay, and a German Shepherd I thought were hilarious. Ellie Kemper, Rob Corddry, and Jack Black all add well to the mix in supporting roles.

In summary this sex comedy spoof, directed by Jake Kasdan ( Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, Bad Teacher) hit the right comedic notes for me and I found myself laughing quite a lot throughout the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment