Wednesday, December 31, 2014

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 - Live Streaming

I'm surprised to be seeing so many reviews bashing this film because it's "boring" or "it's a copy of Battle Royale 2" , but I'm not here to talk about that.

I've read The Hunger Games series multiple times, and reading Mockingjay, I knew it would be the hardest book in the trilogy to adapt into a film. But I am not disappointed. In fact, I want to congratulate Francis Lawrence for being able to create this masterpiece.

Watching the movie for the first time, I got immense chills. Especially in the part where Katniss sings "The Hanging Tree". I think it would be an extremely difficult task to split the final part of a movie into two parts and still make part 1 be interesting, but somehow, that feat was accomplished in this film.

The acting in this film was phenomenal, especially in Jennifer Lawrence's part. The way Katniss reacted to seeing her home burned and destroyed, was beautiful and gut wrenching. And don't even get me started on Peeta's transformations, it made me so sad, it definitely painted a better picture than the books did! And even Finnick, who we barely got to see, represented the melancholy effect of The Games on people.

Mockingjay is the most political, intense, and emotional book in The Hunger Games trilogy, and the way that the essence of the book got transferred into the film was brilliant in my opinion. It was also very intense, but not too much. This movie perfectly guided the way for the final movie. To me, Mockingjay part 1 gave us viewers a pleasing tease of the type of dynamics we can expect in the next film, and the ending surely gripped me to come view part 2 on opening day. especially in "Veep" but I think we will be delightfully surprised in the future with the range of characters she creates. Catherine Keener and Toni Collette who I would watch and listen to read a phone book, round out the cast. Go see it if you are in the mood for a "grown-up" film. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment